Friday, September 12, 2008

Recent post by DAILY KOS members re: Gov. Huckabee (Positive)

"When a man's ways are pleasing to the LORD, he makes even his enemies live at peace with him." (Proverbs 16:7) Thank you to The Values Voter for this appropriate Bible verse.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2008/9/10/125037/761/334/593612

Upon reading these quotes, Huck's Army soldier, Mrs. P, said, "I only know of one other Republican who could stick to his principles and yet make the Democrats like him... Reagan."


Quote:
I like Mike Huckabee. I don't like Mike Huckabee's politics but I like Mike Huckabee, he is genuine and faithful to his beliefs. He does not appear to me to be an opportunist and for that I respect him. He defended Obama in the face of the Wright criticism and he is defending him again:

McCain ally Mike Huckabee took Obama's side on the issue, saying he didn't think it was a swipe at Palin.

"It's an old expression, and I'm going to have to cut Obama some slack on that one. I do not think he was referring to Sarah Palin; he didn't reference her. If you take the two sound bites together, it may sound like it," he said on Fox's "Hannity and Colmes."

"But I've been a guy at the podium many times, and you say something that's maybe a part of an old joke and then somebody ties it in. So, I'm going to have to cut him slack."


Quote:
There's some decency in Huckabee that seems to be lacking in John McCain.



Quote:
he's like the friend of a friend that you don't agree with politically, but is such fun and so witty and - yes (for a fundy; they're not overendowed with humour, to be sure, though..) intelligent that you cheer up when he's at a party you're at.


Quote:
Huck is the most honorable man in the republican party...a long time ago that guy was McCain.



Quote:
There Is Not A Guy "I'd Like To Have A Beer" with in the Republican party outside of Huck. As the poster said I don't agree with him, but I like him.



Quote:
I do not think he would have run the dishonorable campaign that mccain is running today.


Quote:
I despise his politics, but he is an honorable man. I liked him all through the Republican primaries.



Quote:
If he wasn't a fundamentalist, i'd actually love it if he was president. He's funny, calm and interesting. All of these attributes point to some sense of intelligence.


Quote:
I am glad he was not the nominee, because although the campaign season would have been a lot cleaner, I think in the end his charm offensive would have been much harder to counter than McCain's lie-ridden, hostile, self-aggrandizing Smear and Pander Show.


Quote:
In spite of his policies He truly is likable. I do like the fact he gave Obama a little credit in his convention speech (before the obligatory bashing of his policies, of course). And, my god, he has a great gift at comedy (In spite of the NRA joke). In this day of age, where we see many pathetic attempts at "comedy" in the media, I must say this guy really does get it right.



Quote:
I wish Huckabee had picked the Democratic party when he started out in politics (when he was 14 yrs old, I think). With sort of moderate views (not uncommon for southern Dems) on social issues, he would've made a pretty darn good (populist) Democratic president (on economic/education etc issues) because I think he cares and has a functional conscience.



Quote:
Yeah, I like Mike Huckabee, too. He's the only Republican out there that uses his brain and he has defended Obama on several occasions. He has said one thing wrong about Obama, but I know it wasn't on purpose. I don't agree with him on the issues but he's a good guy.


Quote:
Huckabee would've been a tougher challenge.... I really do like Huckabee. He really should've been a Democrat. Though some of his policies I don't agree with but he does seem as if he listens to all sides.

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Huck-a-Book Carousel

Please Support These Sponsors of 'OK for Huckabee'.

For info about being a sponsor on 'OK for Huckabee', send e-mail to OKforHuckabee (at) yahoo (dot) com