Saturday, May 16, 2009

Roe vs. Wade's "Roe" will Protest Obama at Notre Dame

Pro-Life Activists Converge on Notre Dame to Protest Obama Speech

Hundreds of pro-life activists from across the country are arriving by the busload at Notre Dame with one purpose in mind: to protest President Obama.

FOXNews.com

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Excerpt:

One of those dissidents is Norma McCorvey, the plaintiff in Roe v. Wade, which legalized abortion in all 50 states in 1973. McCorvey, a born-again Christian who runs Roe No More Ministry in Dallas, flew to South Bend, Ind., on Friday.

"I'm coming because I want to show Mr. Obama that I'm not in favor his pro-abortion stance," McCorvey told FOXNews.com prior to boarding a connecting flight in Cincinnati, Ohio. "I'm a peaceful protester, but if they come and take me away, they'll just come and take me away."

McCorvey said she's especially excited for a meditation to be held by the Rev. Frank Pavone, national director of Priests for Life, during Obama's commencement address and the candlelit vigil led by Rev. John D'Arcy, bishop of the Fort Wayne-South Bend diocese who will not attend Sunday's graduation, in protest of the president.

"Hopefully we can convince Mr. Obama that he should be standing on the right side, and that's the side for life," she said. "I'm pro-life now, I'm not afraid."

Asked what she'd say to President Obama if given the opportunity, McCorvey replied, "I can't talk like that anymore. I'm a Christian."

Norma McCorvey's, "Roe No More", ministry's website: http://www.leaderu.com/norma/

Stumble Upon Toolbar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Huck-a-Book Carousel

Please Support These Sponsors of 'OK for Huckabee'.

For info about being a sponsor on 'OK for Huckabee', send e-mail to OKforHuckabee (at) yahoo (dot) com